Hatch Warren & Beggarwood Cycling Club would like to invite club members to a Cycling Social Mingle on Friday 23 February 2018, 19:30-23:00, at the Basingstoke Hockey Club, Pack Lane, Basingstoke RG22 5SN.
So, what’s this all about? Well, we see each other out on the roads all the time, wave or give a quick nod, but we never actually get to chat. It’s time to change that by having a social event where we can all get to do just that – we can chat about our great passion, cycling, to our hearts content, all without boring everyone else (which I’m sure we’ve all been accused of at one point or another).
With this event we’re hoping that it will:
- Encourage more interaction between the clubs.
- Provide more information on each club to ensure that riders are joining the right one for them, if not all of them – well why not, after all, it’ all about being on the bike.
- Help out between clubs if/when needed – short of ride leaders, maybe someone from another club can help out
- Encourage Breeze ladies only groups to move up and join mixed rides with their local club when they feel ready – we’re not that scary after all – as well as general movement between clubs to make the most of those days we can get out on the bike.
- Look at inter-club rides/events – yes, more socialising.
On the night we will have the following guest speakers:
- Ruth Miller, Partnership Manager South, British Cycling
- Laura Hughes, Events Manager, St Michael’s Hospice (The Big Wheel)
- Ark Riders, Ark Cancer Care (Ark Cycling Event)
As a community we feel it’s good to give back and by inviting the above speakers we can find out more information on their charity events and look to support them. But don’t worry, this section of the evening will only take up 30 minutes max (20:30-21:00) then it’s back to the socialising.
We have gained full support from Basingstoke Council and therefore we will also be putting up an ideas board where anyone can write down their thoughts on how we can progress cycling in North Hants and what they feel the cycling community could benefit from – so get those thinking caps on.
The hope is that this will be the first of many events in the future, maybe bringing in more clubs from a wider area. How about a summer barbecue that we all ride to?
Only 100 tickets/places available on a first come, first served basis – so sign up promptly!
We really hope that you will be in full support of this event – it’s going to be a fun night – how could it not be when we’re talking all things bikes and riding?!
Look forward to seeing you there.